Bypassing Nokia Drive N9
Nokia N9 contains maps application bundled by Nokia with offline maps, but to access Drive application you need to have Nokia Account and you must login in your N9. Before Nokia Account has been shutdown by Microsoft (see here) there's no problem to using Nokia Maps on N9, but after 25th, April 2015 Nokia Account no longer can be accessed. So maybe you think that your N9 can't help you to assist when you driving or find place around the world.
Here, I'll show you to bypassing Nokia Account requirement to access Nokia Drive on N9 Harmattan. So you don't need to have Nokia Account logged on your N9 to access Nokia Drive. Below is the step by step to bypassing by modify Nokia Drive configuration on Harmattan.
|Nokia Account requirement|
- First, you'll need installed Filebox on your Harmattan N9 (see here for installer and this for installation).
- Open Filebox and make sure you have change settings to Show root filesystem and Show hidden files.
- Download modified Nokia Drive configuration (see here, be careful there are too many ads link on this page, if you're frustrating with this download it into your Computer and transfer into your N9).
- Once the file downloading, will be appear Save file confirmation, tap OK and save as Drive, and tap Save, and your file will downloaded immediately.
- When the file has been downloaded, leave the Transfer window by pressing Done (don't select Clear, because your file will be erase!).
- Go to Filebox and navigate to /home/user/MyDocs/Downloads, you'll found Nokia Drive configuration file that you have downloaded successful. Copy and paste it into /home/user/.config/Nokia, but I recommend you if there's Nokia Drive configuration there you should backup it (just rename the existing Nokia Drive configuration into Drive.ini.bak).
Backup genuine Drive.ini Copy and Paste Drive.ini
- Go to Home, and open Nokia Drive, now you can using Nokia Drive without logged in Nokia Account.
Startup Nokia Drive Nokia Drive working